Covam Tablet 5mg/160mg 2x7s
This medicine is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure), heart failure, myocardial infarction (Heart attack) with left ventricular failure or left ventricular diastolic failure.
Patients using this medicine may rarely experience syncope (fainting), thrombocytopenia (low levels of platelets), renal (kidney) dysfunction, angioedema (swelling under skin or mucous membrane), dizziness (lightheadedness), and hypotension.
This medicine is contraindicated in patients with severe hepatic (liver) impairment, cirrhosis (irreversible scarring of liver), biliary (bile duct) obstruction, cholestasis (decrease in bile flow), and primary hyperaldosteronism (excessive aldosterone production).
It should be use in caution if patient has an electrolyte imbalance (such as high or low potassium levels in your blood).
This drug may pose risks to your pregnancy, therefore please do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor first.
- Take the medicine at the same time each day, with or without meals.
- Contact prescriber if there is chest pain, palpitations, swelling of face/ankle/tongue, unrelieved headache, weakness, difficulty in breathing, or unusual cough.
- Do not take potassium supplements or salt substitutes.
- Change body position slowly.
- What is the best time to take this medicine?
It does not matter what time of day you take this medicine (morning or evening) but it is best to take it at the same time every day when you are most likely to remember, for more even blood levels and therefore effectiveness.
- What to avoid while taking this medicine?
Do not eat or drink lots of grapefruit or grapefruit juice. This is because grapefruit can increase the concentration of drug in your body and worsen side effects.
- Is this medicine harmful to kidneys?
This medicine should not cause kidney damage and is used to treat high blood pressure and slow the progression of chronic kidney disease.
- Is this medicine safe to use?
It is generally a safe and effective drug, but it may cause side effects in some people.
- How to take this medicine?
Swallow the tablet with a drink of water. You can take this medicine before or after meals.
This medicine can interact with rifampicin, ketoconazole, itraconazole, phenytoin, carbamazepine, cyclosporin.
Generic Category: Anti-Hypertensive
Ingredients: Amlodipine 5mg , Valsartan 160mg