Exforge Tablet Hct 5/160/25mg
This medicine is indicated in high blood pressure. Decreasing blood pressure will help prevent strokes, heart attacks & kidney problems. This combination contains Amlodipine (calcium channel blocker), Valsartan (angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB)) & Hydrochlorothiazide (water pill or a diuretic).
Its side effects include dizziness, lightheadedness, headache. It may cause dehydration and symptoms of mineral loss like extreme thirst, very dry mouth, muscle cramps/weakness, fast/slow/irregular heartbeat, confusion may appear. Serious side effects like fainting, severe tiredness, big toe/joint pain, swelling in hands/ankles/feet, signs of infection & kidney problems (change in amount of urine), decrease in vision or eye pain.
Its contraindications include sympathectomy (one sympathetic ganglion is removed), diabetes, increased activity of parathyroid gland, high cholesterol, gout (excess uric acid), low magnesium amount in blood, high calcium in blood, low sodium in blood, dehydration, low potassium in blood, liver failure, acute inflammation of pancreas, systemic lupus erythematosus (autoimmune disease), autoimmune disease, yellowing of skin in newborn child, high amount of uric acid, abnormally high levels of nitrogen-containing compounds, secondary angle-closure glaucoma (caused by underlying identifiable pathologic etiology), eye disorder, decreased blood volume, basal cell carcinoma of skin, renal artery stenosis (narrowing of arteries that carry blood to one or both of the kidneys), liver problems.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver disease, loss of too much body water and minerals (dehydration).
Use with caution in renal artery stenosis; avoid in bilateral renal artery stenosis.
It is unknown if this drug passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
This drug may pose risks to your pregnancy, therefore please do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor first.
- This medicine should be taken by mouth. And it can be taken with or without food as directed by the doctor.
- Take it at least 4 hours before bedtime so that you don’t have to wake up for urination.
- It should be taken for up to 2 weeks before you get full benefit of it. Most patients with high blood pressure, don’t feel sick.
- If you are takingc medications like bile-acid bindings resins such as cholestyramine & colestipol, then you must take this medicine at least 4 hours before or 4 to 6 hours after taking above medicines.
- Consult doctor immediately if blood pressure readings remain high or increased.
This medicine may interact with baricitinib, enalapril, captopril, lisinopril, lithium, eluxadoline.
Marketed By: Novartis Pharmaceuticals (Pvt) Ltd.
Generic Category: Anti-Hypertensive
Ingredients: Amlodipine 10mg, Valsartan 160mg , Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg